T-RUST student awarded a MI Space Grant Consortium fellowship!

One of our newest T-RUST fellows just landed a fellowship with the MI Space Grant Consortium! “Using Satellite Observations & an Earth System Model to Quantify the Impact of Air Pollution & Meteorological Conditions on Oxone Air Quality in Metropolitan Detroit, MI”! Way to Go Noribeth Mariscal!

logo for Michigan Space Grant Consortium

About Donna Kashian

Through basic and applied research, my lab uses aquatic organisms as sentinels of human and environmental health hazards to further our understanding of contaminants in the environment. Furthermore, centered in a largely urban center, Detroit, MI., I approach some of my research through the lens of environmental justice, as often there is a disproportionate exposure of minority groups to environmental pollutants. I have developed new methods and tools, both physical and mathematical, to improve water quality monitoring. For example, our research has been implemented into community-based educational programs to better inform the public of environmental health threats associated with many disturbances that are a focus of my lab.